Funding makes research possible, but the process of finding and receiving the right funding for your research project can be difficult and confusing. CTSI-CN provides funding and services to investigators to help them create compelling proposals and find the best funding opportunities for their proposed work. Explore the catalog of CTSI-CN funding offerings and resources below, including internal awards, proposal development support, and funding opportunity databases.
Want more training and resources related to funding? Visit the Virtual Organizer!
CTSI-CN Funding Resources
- KL2 Career Development Award
- Open to junior faculty-level investigators at CNH and GW, this award provides 2-3 years of salary and research support
- CTSI-CN/FDA Fellowship Award
- Open to fellows at CNH, this award provides an immersive 6-12 month regulatory training experience within the FDA
- Pilot Awards
- Open to investigators at CNH and GW, these awards offer substantial funding to help teams gather critical preliminary data to support an extramural research application
- Voucher Awards
- Open to investigators and research teams at CNH and GW, these awards provide researchers with access to services and tools to assist in developing resources and/or preliminary data to facilitate hypothesis-driven research initiatives
To learn more about current and future funding opportunities, visit the CTSI-CN Funding & Awards page.
- Grants Enhancement Program (GEP)
- Open to junior faculty-level investigators at CNH and GW, this highly effective proposal preparation program provides investigators with comprehensive proposal development support, mentorship, and educational resources. Visit the GEP page for more information.
- Grantwriting Course
- This online, 3 credit-hour course guides students through completing a full draft a grant application, from specific aims to preparation of a full proposal package for submission
For more information, visit the Proposal Development Support page.
Children's National Internal Funding Resources
Children's National Research Institute offers a series of supplemental internal funding opportunities for CNH investigators, including:
- Career Development Academic Enrichment (BearCub) Bridge Award: Provides junior faculty investigators completing a period of grant funding with the opportunity to apply for bridge fund support between current funding and other mechanisms of independent federal or peer-reviewed equivalent research funding. Applications due quarterly. For eligibility, application details, and contacts, read the RFA here.
- PI (Faculty) Bridge Award: Provides up to one year of additional support for any
established investigator with a competitive renewal application under consideration with a lag time between the current and follow-on funding. Applications due quarterly. For eligibility, application details, and contacts, read the RFA here.
- Supplemental Funding for NIH K-Series Awardees: Provides additional support for junior investigators to cover research and training costs when the NIH award is insufficient to meet these costs. Applications accepted on rolling basis. For eligibility, contacts, and details, read the RFA here.